Home: Macului Str., no. 1, bl. I20, ap. 3,
phone : +40 723050700, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: National NMR Laboratory,
email@example.com (address for correspondence)
2002 – present
Graduate Student, Ph. D. Program at "Politehnica" University, Faculty of Industrial Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Department, Bucharest, Romania.
Advisors: Prof. PhD.
Thesis: « 1, 2 Diazine Heterocycles. Synthesis, Structure, Applications. Biological Active Compounds and Dyes ».
1997 – 2002
"Politehnica" University, Faculty of
Industrial Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Department,
Degree/Title: Chemical Engineer, Thesis : “The influence of encapsulation of urease enzyme in liquid membranes on their biological activities“.
Professional experience :
- NMR analytical support for R&D group led by Prof. Eugenia Kovacs, Biophysics Research Department at "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania. Study of various biofluids: urine, cerebrospinal fluid, blood and tears; assisting the NMR practical works for MS students from the Biophysics Department.
- NMR and IR analytical support for Macromolecular Chemistry Department, "Politehnica" University, Bucharest, Romania led by Prof. PhD. Eng. Horia Iovu (Vice-dean at Faculty of Industrial Chemistry). Performed experiments on various polymeric materials.
- NMR and IR for Prof. PhD. Corneliu Tarabasanu Mihaila from Organic Chemistry Department, "Politehnica" University,
- NMR and IR/NIR analytical support for R&D Institute "Oltchim"
· Computer skills: operator Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Origin, ChemWin, ISIS Draw, XWin-NMR, OPUS.
· Extensive experience and skilful operator for Bruker 400 MHz NMR instrument, and for IR-NIR instruments, knowledge in interpreting NMR and IR spectra for various liquid materials.
· Foreign languages
* 5 equals excellent
Scientific activities :
1. "Non-invasive Biophysical Methods and their application in Biology and Medicine", The International Autumn School organized by Romanian Society for Pure and Applied Biophysics, International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics, International Society of Bioelectrochemistry in collaboration with Biophysics Research Departament, "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy Bucharest, Timisu de Sus – Predeal, Romania, October 07-12, 2003. (fellowship participant).
2. “BRUKER NMR Users Meeting from
3. “The Fourth International Dubrovnik NMR Course & Conference” – Participation at DU-NMR , organized by Inter – University Center, Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 28-July 2003, (fellowship participant).
4. “Summer school on Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy – From Elemental Notions to the Latest Developments and Applications”, The 10th International Workshop on MRI an MRS - organized by The Romanian Cultural Foundation in collaboration with the International Council of Scientists for Romania, Sinaia, Romania, June 02-06, 2003, (fellowship participant).
5. “Applications of High Resolution
NMR Spectroscopy in Biomedical Diagnosis”, The 5th
International Symposium of Molecular Medicine, Society and Public Health on:
NMR Spectroscopy. Principles and Biomedical Applications, “Iuliu Hatieganu”
6."NMR applications for edible
fluids study”, Annual Scientific Session for CERES Program
7. “The 3rd international
Conference of the Chemical Societies of the
Countries on the New millennium – an Endless Frontier ” Bruker Stand,
1.“Measurement of early metabolic disorders in urine due to type II
diabetes mellitus using magnetic rezonance
spectroscopy of proton”, C.Ciurtin, L.I.Stefan, R.O.Costan, E.Kovacs, C.Deleanu. International School of Biophysics, “Non – invasive Biophysical Methods
and their application in Biology and Medicine”, Timisu
de Sus – Predeal,
of driman-7,8,9a,11-tetraol from drim-7-en-8-one"
, A.G.Ciocarlan, P.F.Vlad, M.N.Colta, G.N.Mironov, C.Deleanu, R.O.Costan. The 1th International
Conference of the Moldavian Chemical Society "Achievements and
perspectives of modern chemistry"
3. "Synthesis of
drim-7en-8a,11,12-triol-6-one – a key intermediate for the preparation of
biologically active polyfunctional drimanes - from larixol", A.G.
Ciocarlan, M.N. Coltsa, P.F. Vlad, C. Deleanu, R.O. Costan, A. de Groot.
The 1th International
Conference of the Moldavian Chemical Society "Achievements and perspectives
of modern chemistry"
4. “NMR spectroscopy applied to nutrition
and metabolism”, R.O. Costan, C.
Deleanu, E. Kovacs, L. Stefan, C. Ciurtin. The 13th Romanian
International Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering”
5. “FT – IR
Characterisation of Epoxy – Ester Waterborne Resin
Used in Coatings”, S.A.Garea, R.O.Costan,
C.Deleanu, H.Iovu, The 13th
Romanian International Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering”
6. “H and C
NMR Study of Epoxy – Ester Waterborne Resin”, S.A.Garea,
H.Iovu, The 13th Romanian International
Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering”
7. "Design and diastereoselective
synthesis of chiral polidentate ligands from pyrylium salts: 5-amino-pentane-1,3 diol
derivatives", C. Uncuta, E. Bartha, C.I. Tanase, A. Darvarescu, R.O. Costan,
C. Roussel, N. Vanthuyne, Yu.A. Simonov, V.Ch. Kravtsov, The 13th Romanian International
Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering”
“Symmetry vs. Asymmetry in new tetrapyrrolic
compounds”, R. Socoteanu, M.R.
Vieira Ferreira, I. Chiorescu, R. O. Costan,
M.C. Buzas, C. Deleanu,
C. Patroescu. The 11th Physical
Chemistry Conference – ROMPHYSCHEM 11,
"Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of urine – identification and
measurement of metabolites ", R. O. Costan, C. Deleanu, E.
Kovacs, L. Stefan, C. Ciurtin. The
27-th National Chemistry Conference – Romanian